Wednesday 19 January 2011

18th January 2011 - There is something about new pants that cheers me up

Oh this is a funny one. My mum insists on buying me new pants / undies / knickers. Why?! I have no idea. She will buy them for Christmas as if it is some kind of absolute must. Maybe she still sees us as little girls (my sister and I, I am 4 years older than her) as she also buys us pyjamas. Some people would be horrified if their mother bought them underwear but I think it is kind of endearing. I do appreciate new underwear - there is something about it that cheers me up. Maybe it is the feeling of having something new, something pretty, I can't quite put my finger on it. Having said that, she does not buy me the sort of underwear I would buy, if that makes sense. She buys me the pants she thinks I should be wearing - nothing lacy, racy or slutty and definitely not from Anne Summers! I just see it as funny and have told her time and time again that she does not need to buy me pants, but she does insist. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment