Sunday 16 January 2011

15th January 2011 - Appreciate Miniature Beauty

I fell asleep putting my youngest to bed (or rather waiting for him to fall asleep so he wouldn't just clamber back out of bed and down the stairs to play) yesterday, so am writing this blog post today (Sunday 16th). Slacker, yes I know.

Anyway, I was chatting via MSN Messenger about things I wanted to do when I were young (said in ye olde voice) and one of those things was trying to grow a bonsai tree. Bonsai - the japanese art form of growing beautiful miniature trees in a tub/container. How gorgeous they are. I love them. I got a kit for a birthday or Christmas and as much as I tried to follow the instructions that came with it, it just didn't grow. I really love looking at them though and it may seem a tad freakish, but I get a feeling of peace when I study a photo of one. Might try again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment